Special Purpose Grants awarded to councils across the Territory
Councils across the Territory have received funding for key projects through the Northern Territory Government’s Special Purpose Grants and Family Safe Environment Fund for local government bodies and organisations.
Grants have been awarded to assist councils with projects including:
- upgrades to park, sporting and recreational areas
- general infrastructure upgrades in remote communities
- purchase of plant and equipment that will improve core local government service delivery
- assistance with infrastructure projects where councils have committed funds
- protecting park lands and open spaces from vandalism and addressing antisocial behaviour.
The grants assist local government’s capacity to provide improved service delivery and innovation.
Last updated: 19 September 2018