New public housing stimulus program announced
The Northern Territory Government has announced a new $100 million public housing stimulus program which aims to further support local businesses and jobs in the construction industry.
Upgrades, repairs and maintenance work to public housing in Darwin, Palmerston, Nhulunbuy, Katherine, Tennant Creek and Alice Springs is available now.
To make sure you don’t miss out, register your business for the $100 million public housing stimulus program. While you may have registered under previous Stimulus programs, this is a new initiative. It is important you register your business again under the $100 million public housing stimulus program.
While the program is aimed at providing opportunities for small businesses in particular, the work will be varied, and will provide for a wide range of contractors.
Some of the work includes:
- dwelling upgrades, including internal building works such as kitchen replacements, floors, bathrooms, electrical work and painting; (lighting, fencing, security, landscaping, roofing, facades, internal work)
- upgrades and restoration of vacant dwellings
- urgent infrastructure and housing work in town camps
- roofing replacement and repairs
- preventative maintenance
- construction of new dwellings.
Industry briefing sessions will be held early in 2019. The dates and locations of these sessions will be advertised as they become available.
Further information is available in frequently asked questions.
If you have any questions, please contact the department by calling 8999 8896 or by emailing email@example.com