The department offers the following to employees:
- competitive salaries and superannuation
- annual and sick leave - six weeks paid annual leave is accrued per year
- long service leave - after 10 years' continuous service you get three months leave on full pay
- paid maternity and parental leave
- miscellaneous leave - you can apply for a range of leave including compassionate leave - in the event of death or serious illness, defence force leave, emergency and jury service leave
- Northern Territory Allowance (NTA) - an allowance payable if you have dependents
- induction including cultural awareness training
- flexible working hours and WorkLife Balance Initiatives
- employee assistance program - free, confidential and professional external counselling
- learning and development opportunities
- study assistance for approved employees.
Go to the NTG Jobs website for employment opportunities.
Traineeships and Aboriginal Traineeships
Read about the apprenticeship and traineeship program on the Careers NT in Government website.
School-based apprentices and trainees
Read about the school-based apprenticeship and traineeship program on the NT Careers in Government website.
Graduate development program
Read about the graduate development program on the NT Careers in Government website.
Aboriginal Employment Program
The Aboriginal Employment Program is a pre-employment program specifically designed to attract Aboriginal job seekers, which may be candidates who wish enter or return to the workforce, or be individuals seeking the opportunity to enter into the Northern Territory Government (NTG).
Read about the Aboriginal Employment Program program on the Careers NT in Government website.
The Entry Level Recruitment (ELR) service aims to simplify the process for entering the Northern Territory Public Sector Government (NTG) for base grade administrative jobs.
Register for ELR online now using the NTG Employment Opportunities Online.
Vacation employment for university students
Read about vacation employment for university students on the NT Careers in Government website.
Last updated: 13 August 2018