$69 Million Stimulus Package Announced
The Department of Housing and Community Development is delivering a $69 million stimulus package to the urban and regional construction sector, through much needed repairs, maintenance and upgrades to public housing.
The work is available to both large and small businesses, with major and minor works scheduled.
- complex upgrades (lighting, fencing, security, landscaping, roofing, facades, internal work)
- upgrades and restoration of vacant dwellings
- urgent infrastructure and housing work in town camps
- rejuvenation of community halls in Seniors Complexes
- roofing upgrades
- preventative maintenance, including pest treatment
- security upgrades
This package aims to create an immediate economic injection into the sector and support local jobs, with the work to be delivered by the end of this current financial year.
Industry briefing sessions were held in Darwin, Katherine, Alice Springs and Tennant Creek in March.
How to apply
To register your interest, complete the Business register.
Alternatively you can contact the department on 8999 8208 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, if you are already registered through the $5 million stimulus, you do not need to register again.
Last updated: 04 May 2018